See the attached file.
Choose a structurefrom the list provided below that best fits each of the following descriptions. Place the letter of the structure in the blank to the left of the description. There is only one correct answer for each question. (see attachment for full description of problems)
24. ____ a monosaccharidethat gives a negative Benedict’s Test.
25. _____ a Beta-1,2′-glycoside
26. _____ alpha-D-glucopyranose in a Haworth projection.
27. ______ a disaccharide.
Leucine is an essential amino acidwith the systematic name 2-amino-3-methylpentanoic acid. It has pK = 2.36 and pK = 9.60.
28. Draw the condensed structure for leucine, and label all chirality centers with an asterisk.
29. Draw the structure of the predominant form of leucine at pH= 1.50.
Six questions are answered in relation to the structure of leucine using the Benedict’s Test and Haworth projection.