1. For the distribution 0,2,3,4,6, give the range.
Is it more or less stable than the standard deviation?
2. When there are an even number of cases, simply average the two middle scores. The medianof 0,6,9, and 12 is?
3. For the distribution 0,2,2,2,5,40, the skewnessis positive or negative?
4. What is the mean, median, and modeof the distribution 0,2,2,3,5,6?
5. The varianceof a popluation having a standard deviationof 3 is?
I have attached an Excel file with the calculations.
1) The range is the distance between the highest and lowest number, in this case 6-0 = 6
The standard deviation is 2.24 (see file, I used the StDev function). The range is less stable than the standard deviation …
This solution explains how to find a range of a set of numbers, the median a set of numbers, the skewness of a set of numbers, the mean, median, and mode of a set of numbers and the variance of a set of numbers.