The solution addresses the following:
1. During a cold winter, the temperatures stayed below zero for ten days. The rangewas -20 to -5. The varianceof the temperatures of this period:
2. If the meanof a normal distributionis negative:
3. A 95% confidence intervalfor the mean weight (in ounces) of all apples from an orchard is (7.81, 9.23). Which of the following is not suggested as the value of the mean weight of all the apples?
4. Your firm has a contract to make 1000 staff uniforms for a fast -food retailer. The heights of the staff are normally distributed with a mean of 69 inches and a standard deviationof 2 inches. What percentage of uniforms will have to fit staff shorter than 67 inches? What percentage will have to be suitable for staff taller than 73 inches.?
1. During a cold winter, the temperatures stayed below zero for ten days. The range was -20 to -5. The variance of the temperatures of this period:
a) is negative since all temperatures are negative.
b) must be at least zero
c) can not be computed since all values are negative.
d) can be either negative or positive.
Answer: b) must be …