1. Find the meanof the distribution shown.
x 1 2
P(x) 0.31 0.69
2. For a normal distributionwith mean 5 and standard deviation6, the value 11 has a z value of
3. If the standard deviation of a probabilitydistribution is 6.25, the varianceis 2.30
4. A stem and leaf plot is useful for keeping more precision than a grouped frequency distribution.
5. What kind of relationship does the scatter plotshow between x and y?
A) A positive linear relationship C) No linear relationship
B) A negative linear relationship D) This is not a scatter plot
[Please efer to the attachment for the scatter-plot].
6. A researcher conducted a study to record the colors of students’ eyes. The appropriate measure(s) of central tendencyis (are):
A) The mode
B) The median
C) The mean
D) Both the modeand the median
This solution is comprised of detailed step-by-step calculations and analysis of the given problems related to Statistics and provides students with a clear perspective of the underlying concepts.