Using the attached article, please help me respond to the following questions:
1. What is the main purpose and hypothesis of the study?
2. Develop a pictorial representation of the relationship between the variables that the authors studied. Include the level of measurement (nominal, ordinal, interval/ratio) for each identified variable.
3. What statistical test(s) or epidemiological concepts do the author(s) use?
4. Discuss whether the statistical and epidemiological tests were applied correctly?
5. Would you do anything differently from a presentation of results, testing or measurement of variables point of view?
6. What real-life conclusions can be drawn from the study? What does the study meanfor patients or practice?
1. The main purpose of the study is to examine how accurate death certificates are in presenting vital statistics with particular focus on cardiac deaths. The hypothesis of the study is the death certificate may not precisely reflect vital statistics especially for the cardiac related deaths.
2. View attachment for this answer.
3. Chi square test, sensitivity and specificity analysis are used throughout the study.
4. For the chi square test at table 2, we first need to find out the degrees of freedom. …
The expert provides a review of a statistics article on death certificates. A pictorial representation of the relationship between the variables that the authors studies is provided.