1. Does the strength of the correlationdepend on the direction of the correlation ( + or -)?
2. How does linear regressionrelate to straight lines in algebra (slope, y-intercept, x and y)?
3. In regression, x predicts y. Does x cause y to happen?
4. What is the difference between the independent and dependent variable? Can they be interchanged? Why or why not?
5. How do you identify outliers in your regression data?
1. No, it is free of the direction of correlation
2. The linear regression line is a straight line of the form …
This brief solution addresses the concepts of direction of correlation, linear regression, causation, types of variables, and outliers.