The Questions, and the dataneeded is in the attachment.
1. Select 2 variables X and Y in your data set for a regression analysis. Display the scatter plotof the data.
2. Fit the simple linear regressionmodel Y=ß0 +ß1 X + e to the data (X1, X2)….. (Xn, Yn). Report the least square estimates ß^0 and ß^1. You can use the functions LinReg(ax+b)
3. Compute the correlationcoefficient r between X and Y. Interpret it.
4. How good is the regression model here? In other words, what proportion of the variations in the data does it explain?
5. Test whether the slope ß1 is zero or not, or equivalently test whether the population correlation coefficient ? is zero or not. Interpret the result.
** Please see the attached file for the complete solution **
Multiple R 0.2083822206
R Square 0.0434231499
Adjusted R Square 0.0407951915
This solution provides a step by step, detailed explanation of how to install the analysis toolpack addin in excel, how to perform linear regression analysis, and how to interpret results