According to the South Dakota Department of Health, the meannumber of hours of TV viewing per week is higher among adult women than men. A recent study showed women spent an average of 34 hours per week watching TV and men 29 hours per week (http://www.state.sd.us/DOH/Nutriton/TV.pdf). Assume that the distribution of hours watched follows the normal distributionfor both groups, and that the standard deviationamong the women is 4.5 hours and is 5.1 hours for the men.
1. What percent of the women watch TV more than 35 hours per week?
2. What percent of the men watch TV more than 35 hours per week?
3. How many hours of TV do the one percent of women who watch the most TV per week watch? Find the comparable value for the men.
4. I know you do not live in SD and thinking that both women (and men) have a lot of time to watch TV in SD and you don’t. So based on the number of hours of TV that you watch (per week) what would be your z-score and percentile? What is Z-score and what is percentile?
Please see the attached file.
Suppose denotes the number of TV viewing hours of women per week and denotes the number of TV viewing hours of men per week in SD.
Given and .
1. Probability that women watch TV more than 35 hours = = 0.4121
Percentage of women watch TV more than 35 hours = …
The normal distribution for the department of health is examined.