1. Which of the following intermediates is believed to occur in the mechanism by which alkenes are hydrated in the presence of acid?
b. free radical
2. HBr can be added to an alkene in the presence of peroxides (ROOR). What function does the peroxide serve in this reaction?
c. free radical initiator
3. What is the major alcohol product formed when 3,3-dimethyl-1-butene is treated with dilute acid?
4. Which of the following additionsoccurs to alkenes in an anti fashion?
b. addition of Br2
c. addition of H2
d. addition of H20 in dilute acid
1. In the given reference below, the mechanism is fully explained. Clearly the carbocation is present in this mechanism so the answer is …
The solution provides detailed explanations and answer for the problem.