Please see the attachment for the full questions.
1. Provide proper IUPAC names.
2. Provide proper IUPAC names.
3. Acetals are a special class of ethers which have two ether linkages at a single carbon. Tetrahydropyranyl ethers are acetals that are easily cleaved with mild aqueous acids at room temperatureto yield alcohols. This ether cleavage occurs so easily under such mild conditions because the carbocationintermediatein step two is very stable. Explain why this carbocation is stabilized.
4. Show electronflow with arrows on the structuresprovided in the attachment for each step in the above transformation.
5. The synthesis of epioxides by basetreatment of halohydrins is an example of an intramolecular:
B. hydrolysis rxn
C. dehydration rxn
D. Williamson ether synthesis
This response provides the guidelines to solve organic chemistry problems on IUPAC naming, acetals, electron flow, and the synthesis of epioxides by a base treatment of halohydrins.