1. Calculate the mean, median, range, and standard deviationof home price and size.
2. Assume that the price for home number 66 had been mistyped as 427.9 instead of 247.9. Would the value of each of these statisticsincrease, decrease, or remain the same?
3. Calculate the modefor the number of bathrooms.
4. Produce two frequency distributions and histogramsâ?”one for homes with pools and one for homes withoutâ?”showing the number of homes by niceness rating (Column E). What do these two distributions tell you about the relationship between niceness rating and the presence of a pool?
5. Produce a histogramthat shows the number of houses by price range, in increments of $50,000 (for example, $0-$50,000, $50,001-$ 100,000, and so on).
6. Produce a scatter plotshowing the relationship between price and home size.
7. Produce a scatter plot relating the number of bathrooms to price. Explain why this plot has a bar-like pattern.
This solution shows you how to calculate the mean, median, range, and standard deviation of home price and size.