Review Cooper and Schindler’s 2008 article, “Starbucks, Bank One, and Visa Launch Starbucks Card Duetto Visa,” attached PDF
Answer discussion questions 2 and 4 at the end of the case:
2. Build the management-research question hierarchy for this project.
4. The Duetto Card team turned to Greenfield Online to recruit a panel for one of its online surveys. How might you build a sample frame of appropriate participants for future online or phone surveys?
Describe any ethical issues that should concern Starbucks about this initiative.
Summarize the use of qualitative datato support businessdecision making. Consider different types of qualitative data collectionand analysis methods and the ways in which they can support business decision making and strategies.
Build the management-research question hierarchy for this project.
The issue that Starbucks and Bank One is facing is mostly on how to capitalize an opportunity rather than a particular dilemma. The main question was hoe receptive the customers would be with the new product, the dual functioning of the card. Also, they were concerned about the level of understanding of the new concept of the customers and whether they are willing to get and use the new card. Starbucks was also interested in making sure that its partners, visa and Bank One, were willing to deliver an excellent Customer Service that its customers are used to receiving.
Hence, some of the management-research question hierarchy for this project could be:
1. What could be done in order to encourage customers to apply for this card and use it?
2. What could Starbuck do in order to make customers understand the dual functioning of the Starbucks Card Duetto Visa?
3. What features could be added to the Starbucks Card Duetto Visa to stimulate customers for applying to the card?
4. What additional measures should Starbucks add to make its partners, bank One and Visa, maintain high standards of customer service satisfaction
1. Should the component of the card “give back to the community” be used to measure the likelihood of customers applying to the card and to rise sales?
2. The monthly reward and “surprise and delight” features as a means of quantifying its …
The Solution addresses questions based on Cooper and Schindler’s 2008 article, “Starbucks, Bank One, and Visa Launch Starbucks Card Duetto Visa”.