1. Two groups of 15 plants were grown under the same controlled conditions, but each group was treated with a different fertilizer. The results for the differences in plant size are: Ed =314, Ed^2=26513.38. At a 2% significance level, is there a significant difference between the fertilizers?
2. A sample of 94 students at a community college was taken to determine information about commuting distances to school. Sixty-four students reported commuting distances of more than 5 miles. Determine the 95% confidence intervalfor the proportion of students,p, who commute more than 5 miles?
3. The director of human resources in a corporation believes that the distribution of educationlevels among new employees is the same as among new hires two years ago. The distributions are as follows:
Distribution two years ago
High School -25.7%
College 2 years – 29.5%
College 4 years – 37.0%
Graduate – 7.8%
Distribution this year
High School – 18
College 2 years – 49
College 4 years – 48
Graduate – 13
Test the hypothesis at a 10% significance level.
4. Given the following statistics:
Ex=270, Ey=3023, Exy=94,123, Ex2= 8316, n=9, SST=79,444.9, SSR=54,562.4,
a. Find the regression equation
b. Compute the coefficient of determination
c. Compute the correlationcoefficient
d. Comment on the usefulness of the regression to make predictions
5. Perform the correlation test:
Ha: p not equal to 0
at the 5% significance level, given n=11 and r= -0.331
5 hypothesis testing questions covering these topics are worked out and explained in an attached .doc file.