For questions 1-3, please refer to the attachment.
1. Indicate which hydrogens in compound II are the most acidic. Explain
2. Choose the most acidic compound from compound I-IV. Explain
3. Draw the structuresfor all enols of compound I
4. Nitroethane [CH3CH2NO2, pKa=8.6] is a much stronger acidthan ethane[CH3CH3, pKa=60]. Explain.
For questions 5-8, please refer to the attachment.
5. The strongest basein the reaction is:
6. The weakest acid in the reaction is:
7. The enolate ion in the reaction is:
8. On the structures provided, draw arrows indicating electronflow in the generation of the intermediateC.
This response provides solutions to questions surrounding acidic and basic compounds.